Monday, November 1, 2010

Writing + running + work = Help!!

My weekend was spent doing this:


Editing Chapter Four of my novel. It's a cumbersome, hair pulling, agonizing process, and the next person who says, "Oh, I could write a novel if I could only find the time," I shall smack alongside the head.

I also ran Lost Lake Trail but forgot to charge my digital camera batteries, so no pics. There was over a foot of snow in the higher elevations, and I followed a skinny little trail trampled out by a few people who had hiked earlier in the day. It was snowing, the wind was blowing through the trees, and it was so silent and vast that it felt magical. I couldn't stop smiling.

This is what I saw later in the evening at the town's Halloween carnival:



And this:

A grown man and woman dressed up as a bowling ball and bowling pin--yikes, what could be scarier? (By the way, that would be Chris and Sue Murphy. Gotta love their humor.)

This had to be one of the cutest things of the whole evening, little one-year-old Philip Trobaugh dressed up as Winnie the Pooh.




Hope everyone had a fun and scary Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment