Friday, June 29, 2012

Of running and cooking

I have been away from bloggyland for a bit. My apologies, but life does get in the way.

The good news: I finished my second marathon (!!).

The bad news: I was waaayyy off my goal time.

I ran the whole race with a bladder infection. Cried for a few miles but kept plugging along. (Do not EVER do this!)

Still, it was an awesome experience. The race was miserable yet I was happy the whole time, even while running through incredible pain. How can this be? I dunno. (I still smile whenever I think of the race, and MM is getting sick of hearing me say, "This is the marathon course!" each time we drive down Campbell Airstrip Road.)

A full race report will be coming soon.

P.S. MM did awesome too, and finished his very first marathon. Woot-woot!!

As for right now, I'm busy, busy, busy with my final novel copy edits. (So exciting!)

My novel involves a Polish grandmother/ghost who appears and offers comforting recipes. I kinda made up these recipes and thought: Hey, it's a novel.

Well, hey, it might be a novel but according to my editor, I still have to test cook each recipe.

I am one of the world's worst cooks. But this weekend and coming week I'll be taking over MM's kitchen and testing and sampling every single of my recipes.

I am channeling this lady:

Oh, Julia, you are so lovely with that big hunk of meat (and forgive me for being a vegetarian)

Hope everyone is having a great week. Good luck to all those racing this weekend.

Running: Marathon recovery week (yeah, right!) 13.45 hard miles yesterday. Felt great.
Reading: Not much, sorry.
Writing: Editing and grant applications
Cooking: Oh, please please don't make me

2 comments:

  1. Running a marathon with a bladder infection = no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is in to running, cooking, swimming, and playing with our 5 year old daughter. I am at a total loss, because we don't have much money and I don't have a clue.

    regards,
    hvac training in AK

    ReplyDelete