Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Poor, poor Alaskans

Hee, hee, just checked the weather in Anchorage and it's 18 degrees.

Yep, 18.

Brrrrrr!

Poor MM is slogging out a run in tights, long sleeve tech shirt, windbreaker, mittens and a hat. While I'm wearing shorts and a tank. And sunscreen!





Yes, folks, that says 78 degrees!


The Lower 48 sure is grand.

Living in Alaska it's easy to become jaded against the rest of the country. We often feel superior. We have the mountains. We have the wilderness. We have the silver-specked inlet. We have bear and moose in our backyards.

But we too often don't have this.






I swear, it's going to be hard to go back. Maybe I won't. Maybe I'll stay here in Nebraska City and work as a bank teller and run on cobblestone streets and swim at the Ambassador Wellness Center and recreate myself as Midwestern Woman.

I'd have to change the name of my blog, though. And somehow, Ah Ah Nebraska doesn't have the same ring, no?

Wherever I end up in the future, right now I'm heading out for a run. Hope everyone is out enjoying the autumn weather.

6 comments:

  1. Haha, awesome. I wish you could bottle that up and send it to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Living in beautiful places often means sacrificing things. Like sunshine. And warm weather. As soon as I get back to Alaska and run trails I know I'll be: "Oh, I love Alaska so much." Though maybe I'd love it more if it were sunnier?
    I'm sending sunshine right now. Feel it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to find you and thank you again for your fantastic share. I do the 49 Writers round-up, so your name is very familiar to me just this past week (congrats again).
    love
    Ela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep yep, I had to leave sitka because of lack of sun. Loved the place but I love the sun more. And you would be surprised at all the little, wild and beautiful corners of the lower 48 there are.

    Although, it is currently snowing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a fantastic autumn run. It was in the 50s but perfect as far as I was concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am aware! Surviving in gorgeous locations could mean restricting issues. Such as sunlight. As well as summer. The moment I recieve to Ak and also operate hiking trails I am aware I'm going to be: "Also, I enjoy Ak a great deal." Although perhaps I would adore it a lot more whether or not this had been sunnier?I am mailing sunlight at this time. Really feel this?

    regards,
    hvac schools Alaska

    ReplyDelete